Sunday, September 29, 2013

Does Brooklyn need another writer?

There is something I should come clean about in terms of my motivation for creating this blog. As might be obvious from the title of the page, I would like in part to chronicle my transition to living in Brooklyn and urban life in general. Yet my more overarching goal, I confess, is simply this: I want to be a writer by profession.

I figured that if I could start somewhere--even with an anonymous blog with a loosely connected theme--after a year, I might have something to point to in terms of my talent and ability. A tangible product, so to speak.

I think this might really only work out if I dedicate myself to post every day for a year, let's say. I may not be able to post every single day--and that is fine for me--but if I try to make daily posts, even if they are only a line of thought, that is something I can move forward with.

Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment